Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Couple of questions about B2 Visa App - Help would be hugely appreciated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of questions about B2 Visa App - Help would be hugely appreciated!

Hey there,

I'm making a B2 visa application, and I would love some advice on a few questions if possible. I'd like to go over for 6 months to spend a bit more time with my girlfriend who's American.

> If I put spouse, instead of friend, will that be rejected as it's frowned upon to go as a tourist to spend time with a spouse?
    > It asks if I've had a visa petitioned for me before, I got 50% of the way through a permanent visa, as I was married to a US lady around 8 years ago. I stopped the application after we split up/ got divorced. I assume this would be a yes, as we started the application?
    > Where it asks about convictions (etc.) - I was arrested 1/ 2 times as a minor, although I don't have a record (doesn't show on any background checks employers do). It was just stupid things like drunk and disorderly before I was 18, do I need to declare this? (the website seems to indicate I do), and if so, do you know the best way to get the info?

Thank you so much in advance, I'm really nervous about making my application.

P.S. Does anybody know what timescale are like at the moment? For getting an interview and then being approved/ being able to go?

Thank you!
    Conor

Originally posted by conordaviejune View Post
    Hey there,

I'm making a B2 visa application, and I would love some advice on a few questions if possible. I'd like to go over for 6 months to spend a bit more time with my girlfriend who's American.

> If I put spouse, instead of friend, will that be rejected as it's frowned upon to go as a tourist to spend time with a spouse?
    > It asks if I've had a visa petitioned for me before, I got 50% of the way through a permanent visa, as I was married to a US lady around 8 years ago. I stopped the application after we split up/ got divorced. I assume this would be a yes, as we started the application?
    > Where it asks about convictions (etc.) - I was arrested 1/ 2 times as a minor, although I don't have a record (doesn't show on any background checks employers do). It was just stupid things like drunk and disorderly before I was 18, do I need to declare this? (the website seems to indicate I do), and if so, do you know the best way to get the info?

Thank you so much in advance, I'm really nervous about making my application.

P.S. Does anybody know what timescale are like at the moment? For getting an interview and then being approved/ being able to go?

Thank you!
    Conor
    For B2 visa approval, you need to prove that your intention for the visit is just temporary, by mentioning American spouse or American girlfriend the VO will "assume" that you'll enter as non-immigrant & then switch to dependent immigrant visa & it will be straight away rejected.

If asked for your earlier immigrant petition - do not lie, they know all your history already. Tell them the truth that you got separated & hence didn't pursue your earlier petition.

For convictions as well - do not lie. One lie & they will reject your petition straight away.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X