Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent

Hello,

I am trying to invite my parents to US on my graduation and marriage. They had applied for the visa before with just my graduation documents and the visa was denied.

Can someone please suggest, if they would like to used marriage as a reason too, then what documents are needed other than wedding card?

What questions can now be raised? Please share your experience/questions about visiting parents either for your marriage or graduation.

Ultimately it's a discretionary decision by Visa Officer

The Visa Officer will wonder what your status and prospects are.

Do you have a greencard? Are you about to naturalize?

Are you already a USC? If yes, are you old enough to petition parents?

Are you marrying a USC? If yes, is a baby on the way?

Has an employer petitioned for you? If yes, as an H1-B with dual intent?

Will you (and your spouse) be able to support two overstay parents until you can petition for them?

Do your parents have other relatives in the U.S.? Could any of them petition for them?

Do your parents have an immigrant petition filed for either or both of them?

Are they retired? Do they have strong ties in the home country? Own property? Employed? Own a substantial business?

They may or may not have to overcome something or other to get tourist visas.

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

I am on my F1 visa, and although we have some very far-off relatives here, they will not be sponsoring my parents. My parents are sponsoring themselves.

Is someone sponsoring them more advantageous over they sponsoring themselves?

My dad has his own business, and he is showing the property papers and bank documents. He is also showing that he has to take care of the grandfather. I think that is enough to show a strong tie with the country.

And now the question is, has anyone got a visa immediately after 2 weeks of their previous rejection?
      My parents applied for the visa 2 weeks back when it was denied and now they are applying again.

They had shown that I am graduating this sem, but the question was when will I be returning back (when exactly), for which my parents weren't sure.

Would you be able to suggest if they want to show my wedding card too, what other documents are needed?

Now since they had mentioned graduation as the reason, can they now mention graduation and wedding both as the reason for their visit? (since all the conversations are recorded.

Apart from property, strong ties, graduation invitation, what other documents are required?

Please give me your suggestions, I am very much concerned about this visa interview.

Comment

Look at Visitor visa documents.

Also, look at Visitor visa - purpose specific documents.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X