B2 Visa Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 Visa Interview

First time interview for my wife. Her English skills are limited and was just wondering if I would be able to go in with her during the interview?

No you can't go with your spouse.

VOs are usually kind in helping applicants with limited English knowledge. They do have bilinguals in local language as well, but their availability is not confirmed.

Lastly, I've seen for dependents they freely invite other applicants in the queue to help translate.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

You are not, but as far as I know, if there are problems with the language, you can ask in your native language. But such a condition can be if the partner speaks English fluently.

Comment

Just to update this and close it off in case others have the same question. I was able to accompany her in without any issues. Just told them she does not speak English and they let me in also. Passed and got approved for B2 visa.

Comment

Originally posted by AlwaysSunny View Post
          Just to update this and close it off in case others have the same question. I was able to accompany her in without any issues. Just told them she does not speak English and they let me in also. Passed and got approved for B2 visa.
          Thanks for sharing your experience.
          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X