Cannot change DS-160 number of co-application on US consulate appointment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot change DS-160 number of co-application on US consulate appointment

I had created DS-160 applications for my father and mother and booked an appointment on the US Consulate website for Chennai, India.

By the time of the appointment, my residential address in the US had changed, so I created new DS-160 applications for my father and mother with my new US address.

I logged into the US Consulate website and under "Update Profile" I am able to change the DS-160 number for my father (primary applicant), but there is no option to change the DS-160 for my mother (co-applicant).

The US Consulate application confirmation now shows the new DS-160 for my father and old DS-160 for my mother.

How do I fix this? Will this cause a problem? What should my parents take with them and what should they do during their appointment?

Contact local embassy/consulate & ask them to change the DS160 number.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

I submitted DS-160 applications for my father and mother for an appointment at the US Consulate in Chennai, India. However, before the appointment, my US address changed and I updated my father's DS-160 application but not my mother's. The confirmation now shows the new DS-160 for my father and the outdated one for my mother. I'm concerned about this issue. Will it cause a problem? What should my parents bring and do during the appointment?

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyTanomrfp View Post
        I submitted DS-160 applications for my father and mother for an appointment at the US Consulate in Chennai, India. However, before the appointment, my US address changed and I updated my father's DS-160 application but not my mother's. The confirmation now shows the new DS-160 for my father and the outdated one for my mother. I'm concerned about this issue. Will it cause a problem? What should my parents bring and do during the appointment?
        File a new DS160 for your mother & have her carry both DS160 with her for the appointment. Request staff there to update DS160 number.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X