Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US B2 Dropbox - New Application Query || for my windowed father

Hi All,

Reaching out to seek some guidance regarding my father's application for B2, who is 83. I am a US Green Card holder and live in the US with my wife and son. My mother passed away last year. My father is staying alone in our parental home with his sister (70+). My elder brother stays in a separate city with his family owing to his job, and visits my father often. My father also visits them frequently.

My father wants to visit us and also visit some places in the US. He wants to stay here for about a month and then go back. He will be sponsoring his visit himself. He has no intention to immigrate here as he needs to take care of his sister, take care of the property in India and he needs to visit my elder brother & his family also. He earns pension and has properties & decent bank balance in his name. He never visited any other country before.

He is eligible for a dropbox (he is 80+), and is planning to leverage that for submitting the application. Now my query is:
    1. Is there a way to showcase / demonstrate his strong ties with India and that he has no intention to immigrate? As this is a dropbox scenario, he will not get a chance to explain his rational. Should he proactively attach documents like bank statement, property papers, or a letter explaining his ties with India, while dropping his documents?
    2. My apprehension is while he wants to genuinely go back to our home in India (especially owing to his sentiments related to my late mother), being a recent widower is putting her in a disadvantageous position. Being a widower, it appears from experiences of other forum members) that his chances of getting a visa approved is less. How to explain his intention to the processing officer as there will not be any face to face interaction?
    3. One of the visa agents in India suggested that in DS-160, his marital status may be left as "Married" as opposed to "Widowed". Could that create any problem?

Much appreciate help from experienced members in this regard.

Best regards
    Last edited by thekid; 03-24-2023, 07:26 PM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X