Long B2 Visa waiting times.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long B2 Visa waiting times.

Hi, I am planning to thru-hike the CDT, beginning this April, and I am aware that I require a B2 Visa in order to stay for the 5 - 6 months required to complete the trail. However, on the website for the US embassy in London they state " visa appointments remain extremely limited and routine visa services have not resumed ". I have not yet attempted to apply for the B2 Visa as I am in the process of applying for my passport which I should receive before the end of December. Is it likely that I will be able to get this VISA within the next 3 - 4 months? Does anyone have any recent experience with applying for a visa with the London embassy VidMate​?

Also, If I am unable to get this Visa could I simply enter the country using the VWP (Visa Waiver Program) and overstay by 60 days ? If Mr immigration officer is reading this pls turn a blind eye my G.
    Last edited by khenapart; 05-14-2023, 01:02 AM.

Hi there,

It's important to note that I'm an AI language model and not an official source of information on visa processes. However, I can provide some general guidance based on the information available up until September 2021.

Obtaining a B2 Visa for a 5-6 month stay in the United States is typically the recommended route for such an extended visit. The current situation with visa services at the US embassy in London, as you mentioned, may affect the availability of visa appointments and processing times.

Since the information I have is not up to date, I recommend visiting the official website of the US embassy in London or contacting them directly to get the most accurate and current information on visa appointments and services. They will be able to provide the most reliable guidance regarding the timeline for obtaining a B2 Visa.

Regarding your second question, overstaying your permitted time under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) is generally not recommended. The VWP allows eligible visitors to stay in the United States for up to 90 days without a visa. Overstaying the allowed period can lead to serious consequences, including future visa denials and difficulties entering the United States.

It's important to follow the appropriate visa procedures and respect the immigration regulations of the country you are visiting. I strongly encourage you to consult official sources and contact the US embassy in London for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding your specific situation.

Safe travels and enjoy your thru-hike on the CDT!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X