B2 Visa rejected due to sponsorship issue in I134

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 Visa rejected due to sponsorship issue in I134

My parents are with me on a B2 visa (valid for 5yrs). I applied for an extension of stay and have recieved the approval. In the mean time my in laws had filed for B2 visa at the consulate in Calcutta. I had sent them the necessary sponsorship documents. In the I-134 I had to mention my parents names as the persons I was currently sponsoring. The consulate asked them about my parents status. They rejected the Visa application when they learnt that they were still in the US on an extension.
    I am wondering if this is going to have any effect on my status as a sponsor for any future cases. Would appreciate any suggestions on the issue.

I don't think it is going to affect your future case as a sponsor since you haven't provided any false information in the form. Any false information in the form could be dis*****us. You are pretty good on that front. As far as the sponsorship issue is concerned I think you should have been a bit more careful. The people in the consulate are just looking for holes to reject your application and this was a big one. You should have waited until your parents went back or should have applied for all of them at one go even if they were planning to travel months apart.That way your in-laws visa may not have been rejected.

Comment

I agree.
      Immihelp Support
      No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X