Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pregnancy safety of scanners

Hello,

I am pregnant and have a US visa interview at US embassy located in Toronto.

do they have full body scanner for security check at the embassy ?

Is passing through the scanner in US embassy in Toronto safe for pregnant women ? Is there radiation ?​

There is no info on US websites about ehat scanners they use in their embassies. There is no number to call and check on US embassy website.

please help.

Pregnant woman​

Hello, Congratulations on your hcg​ pregnancy and best wishes for your upcoming US visa interview at the embassy in Toronto. I understand your concern about the security check and the use of full-body scanners. While I cannot provide specific details about the security procedures at the US embassy in Toronto, I can offer some general information. Full-body scanners commonly used for security checks at airports and other high-security locations typically utilize millimeter-wave technology or backscatter X-ray technology. Regarding safety for pregnant women, it's understandable to be cautious about exposure to radiation during pregnancy. However, both types of scanners are considered safe for use, even for pregnant women. Millimeter-wave scanners emit low-frequency radio waves that are non-ionizing and do not pose a known risk to human health. Backscatter X-ray scanners emit very low levels of radiation, far below the threshold of concern for causing harm to a developing fetus. If you have specific concerns or medical conditions, it's always a good idea to consult with your healthcare provider. They can provide personalized advice based on your individual circumstances. Unfortunately, as you mentioned, detailed information about the specific scanners used at the US embassy in Toronto may not be readily available on official websites. In such cases, you may consider reaching out to the embassy directly through email or visiting their office in person to inquire about their security procedures and any accommodations they may offer for pregnant visitors.

Comment

It's understandable to have concerns about security measures during pregnancy if you need something for pregnancy, you can check the information here Online Pharmacy.While specific details about security procedures at the US embassy in Toronto may not be readily available, it's common for embassies to have security screenings similar to those at airports.
      Last edited by Annlopez; 02-26-2024, 03:31 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X