Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Africa/South Africa Visa Inquiry

Hey all!

Apologies in advance if this isn't the most appropriate space for this question.

US citizen traveling to South Africa at the end of this month. I have a brief layover at Maputo International Airport in Mozambique on the way there ( and back), and Ive been seeing a lot of conflicting information around the need for a transit visa for my time there. Will I need a transit visa when both layovers are just over 2 hours long and if I won't be exiting the airport? I've also seen that "Visa upon Arrival" is an option, but since my layovers are so brief, I'm fearful I won't have time https://9apps.ooo/ .

So if a transit visa IS necessary, Is there a way to apply before hand?

Any insight is much appreciated!​
    Last edited by ivrak; 12-09-2023, 05:25 AM.

Based on your situation, it's unlikely you need a transit visa for your layovers in Maputo International Airport.

Here's why:
    • U.S. citizens are exempt from visa requirements for transit stays in Mozambique, as long as they have a valid passport and onward tickets to their final destination.
    • Your layovers are both under 2 hours, which falls within the allowable transit time without a visa.
    • You won't be exiting the airport, which is another condition for visa exemption.

Therefore, you should be able to transit through Maputo International Airport without needing a visa.

Here are some additional resources to confirm:
    Regarding "Visa upon Arrival":
    • This option is generally intended for travelers who need a visa but haven't applied for it beforehand.
    • Since you're exempt from the visa requirement, "Visa upon Arrival" wouldn't be applicable in your case.

Applying for a Transit Visa (if needed):
    • If you're still unsure or encounter any difficulties at the airport, you can apply for a transit visa upon arrival.
    • However, given your short layover times, obtaining a visa on arrival might not be feasible.
    • It's recommended to arrive at the airport with ample time to process any unexpected formalities.

Overall:
    • Based on the information provided, you most likely don't need a visa for your layovers in Maputo International Airport.
    • Carry your passport and onward travel documents for verification at the airport.
    • If you have any doubts or encounter issues, you can shagle seek voojio and owespeedtest assistance from airport officials.
    Last edited by KushnomGhatak; 12-07-2023, 07:23 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X