Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 visa interview - accommodation for speech disability

Hi,

My sister has applied for B2 visa. She suffers from a speech disability. We made a request for disability accommodation by raising a case on usvisascheduling, and we are waiting for a response for the last 2 months. When we contacted the helpline, they said someone will respond, but no one seems to respond. The interview date is approaching very fast, and we are not sure what to do. [We requested that our Dad accompany her to the interview]. Please suggest what can be done here? On a separate note, do we need to carry any medical certificate evidencing her disability? If yes, is there any specific format or approved doctors we have to use?

Regards,

It’s unfortunate that you have not heard back from usvisascheduling about your disability accommodation request for your sister. You should reach out to them again by phone or email. I don’t have much knowledge on this topic, but I believe your sister does not have to bring any medical certificate to prove her disability. You can advise your sister to inform the interviewer about her disability at the beginning of the interview. It might be useful to have a letter from the doctor that describes your sister’s condition and how it impacts her communication if the interviewer inquires, but it can be in any format. This can help the visa officer understand your sister’s situation and make the interview more pleasant for her.

Comment

Originally posted by satra11 View Post
      Hi,

My sister has applied for B2 visa. She suffers from a speech disability. We made a request for disability accommodation by raising a case on usvisascheduling, and we are waiting for a response for the last 2 months. When we contacted the helpline, they said someone will respond, but no one seems to respond. The interview date is approaching very fast, and we are not sure what to do. [We requested that our Dad accompany her to the interview]. Please suggest what can be done here? On a separate note, do we need to carry any medical certificate evidencing her disability? If yes, is there any specific format or approved doctors we have to use?

Regards,
      • Continue reaching out to the USvisascheduling case support: Keep calling the helpline and emailing them, politely but persistently. Reiterate your situation and emphasize that the interview date is nearing. Ask for a timeframe for a response.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X