Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom's B2 visa

Hi,

My mom is visiting US on B2 visa. She has a 10 year multiple entry visa. She was given 6 months on her I94 upon entry to US. Her I94 expires on May 15 2005. She plans to leave a week before the expiration of her I94 (sometime 1st week of May, 2005) and return to US two weeks later (sometime early June 2005). My mom is helping us with our new baby in US. My question is :

Will the immigration officer deny her entry to the US when she returns to US in early June 2005 and do you think that she will be given 6 months on her new I94?

Our other option is we are considering to file an extension for her so she does not need to leave and come back within 3 weeks. I have been reading the forum on the horror stories about extensions being rejected and B2 visa voided. We are trying to avoid that from happening.

Appreciate your advice. Thanks.

1. Whether she would be denied entry or not really depends upon the immigration officer. Also, duration she may be granted I-94 depends upon him/her.

If she tries to spend too much here on tourist visa, she may be denied entry.

2. It is difficult to say what will happen to extension. People are getting approvals (people are getting rejected as well.)

It may be better to apply for extension than to reenter within 2 weeks.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X