Marrying on a tourist visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marrying on a tourist visa?

Hello, so my partner and I thought about going to the US to visit his family and also get married there. He is a US citizen currently stationed in Germany. I am a German citizen. He is still stationed here in Germany until April 2025. Can I go to the US on a tourist visa, get married, return to Germany for a few months and apply for whatever kind of visa I will need while still residing here in Germany until next year? Or would that be considered Visa fraud later on?
    Last edited by vebba; 07-03-2024, 11:43 AM.

That's perfectly fine.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

You can go to the US on a tourist visa, get married, and then return to Germany, but it's important to be cautious. The key is your intent when entering the US. If you go with the primary intent of tourism and then decide to get married, it's generally fine. However, if you enter the US intending to marry and stay, it could be considered visa fraud. To avoid any issues, after returning to Germany, you can apply for a spousal visa (CR1) or a fiancé(e) visa (K1) while residing there. Consulting an immigration attorney might also help clarify your specific situation.
      Last edited by EmileyJackson; 08-23-2024, 02:21 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X