US work visas for nurses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US work visas for nurses

My girlfriend in currently in process of trying to get her nursing license for here in the United States. There's a message saying they aren't allowing nurses in. But from my understanding this is for people seeking permanent residency. We are just looking for her to get a two year contract. Is that still doable? Am I understanding it right that it's only certain visas. She's from the Philippines if that matters.

Since your girlfriend is from the Philippines, she might look into the H-1B or TN visa if she's got a degree. Have you guys checked with a lawyer or her recruiter to see if you're on the right track?

Comment

It sounds like your girlfriend might be dealing with the confusion around visa types, which is pretty common. My aunt went through something similar when she came here from the Philippines. From what I’ve seen, if she’s looking for a two-year contract, it’s usually a different process than seeking permanent residency. It’s mostly about the visa type—H-1B might be an option, depending on the job. It could be worth checking out resources they have some solid info that might help her figure out the best path forward.
      Last edited by dorinposters; 09-13-2024, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Your understanding is mostly correct. While there have been changes in immigration policies affecting permanent residency for nurses, temporary work visas, such as the H-1B or the EB-3 visa (for skilled workers), can still be options for your girlfriend. If she's securing a two-year contract with a healthcare employer in the U.S., she may be eligible for a work visa. I recently wrote an essay on immigration in America and found a helpful sample on https://www.topessaywriting.org/samp...ion-in-america topessaywriting. It captured the complexities of the topic beautifully, offering a range of perspectives that made me rethink my own arguments. The clarity and depth of information in this sample guided me as I shaped my essay. If you're tackling a similar subject, this resource could be invaluable. It provides a strong foundation for discussing immigration issues in a nuanced way.
        Last edited by MadisonBarnes; 09-26-2024, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Find more info plz.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X