Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chances of getting a visa

Hi

I am a 30 yr old female divorcee (no children, only dependant mother living with me) wishing to travel to US in April 2011 with my married sister (37 yrs) and her children (daugher 18yrs college student and son 14 yrs old school student). My sister and I both run different businesses in chennai and also have considerable assets in the form of property and shares that we received as an inheritance from our father. We have copies of Tax returns, property docs and Accountant's letter stating our net worth

would we be considered an odd group of family members for travelling to the US? My bro-in-law, who also runs my sis's business along with her, was unable to get away from the business for such a duration (3 weeks vacation to US). So my sis and I decided to go on this trip instead.

Would it help that this same set of people have travelled to UK and Europe last year during summer vacation? I am also a Permanant Resident visa holder of Australia. Would that help or hinder my application?

Thank you

Vistor Visa are really a hit and miss, there are no specfic rules for acceptance or rejection its a total discression on the consulate office.. No one can accurately predict the outcome. Here is what most people have noticed the consulate to look into.

1. Ties back to your home country ( This is a grey area).
    2. Your finacial situation ( Will not become public charge).
    3. Family ties ( reasons that you would return).

Positives in your case..
    1. You have travelled overseas.
    2. Financially secure (based on what you are saying).
    3. Australian PR.

Negative
    1. You are single.
    2. You have a sister lives in the US ( She may support you in staying in the US)
    3. No true family ties to retuen to home country (husband, parents, children etc).

If you are a Australian PR why not apply for your visitor visa from Australia, you may stand a better chance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X