H4 to Visitor visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to Visitor visa

My husband is a H1B visa holder. I was on a H4 visa for the past 7 yrs. About 8 months ago i decided to get back with my kids to India. My husband is still there in US and holds the same H1B visa. His visa petition is getting expired on March 23rd and his company refuses to apply for extension before March 15th. I want to go to US for vacation (2 months)and have booked tickets for April 8th, but i do'nt think i will be able to get the H4 visa petition before that. Is it possible for my husband to sponsor a visitor visa for me? Will i be able to get a visitor visa? or shall i ask any other relative to sponsor me? My kids are US citizens.

Possible to get a visitor visa but you need to prove that you are just visiting and will be back with your kids in India after the visit. Alternative is to go with Premium on H1b and get a H4 visa stamped prior to your visit.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X