Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor visa for parents , but my visa is about to expire

Hello Everybody,

I had a small question regarding Visitor visa for my parents.

I am planning to send my parents for visitor visa by Feb end 2011, but the problem is my H1B visa is about to expire in April first week. ( my first 3 years of H1b). My employer will be applying for renewal around Second-Third week of March.
    I am just wondering , if it is safe to send them for Visa Stamping , as my Visa is expiring, And the consulate might reject it saying that the your son's visa is expiring (As i am spoansaring them).

Thanks
    Kamlesh

That's no problem. As long as you are in valid legal status at the time of sponsoring them, everything is OK.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Great.. Thanks a lot for the reply.

Comment

hi kamlesh,
        i had the same problem. but every1 told me that its legal to live in the USA for 240 days. therefore i asked my mum to apply for the visa but unfortunately her visa got rejected on the similar ground.

my mother told the VO that we have already applied for the extension and showed the receipt but VO said that its still in the process and not been extended yet.

i think it solely depends on the quota and their mood. there is no specific criteria for the same. nd above all its sheer luck that counts.

all the best..

Comment

Its better you apply after your renewal

As the rules are changing, its not like a default extension of work visa these days and the interview officers know this fact. So, even if one say he will apply for extension they wont take that for granted.

unless one need one month B2 so that it ends before your work visa ends....

if you do not have any plans for their trip before your visa extension is complete its better to wait than to send now

anyway, its a matter of luck too...so all the best

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X