Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Last Name in Passport - Need help to Fill I-134

Hello,
    I read some posts which pertain to the same problem as mine, however the term FNU has really confused me.
    1) Does it stand for "First Name Unknown" or "Family Name Unknown"?
    2) Both my mom and dad do not have any Last Name in their Passports. So Should I mention FNU in I-134 form (for B2 Visa) in "First Name" column or "Name (Family Name) Column. Please suggest!
    3) Address in Passport is different than current address. Would it be a problem to use current address (if address proof for current address is available) ?
    4) I'm applying for visitor Visa for 3 people (for my grad walk)- Mom, dad, and brother. Mom and dad Retired (under 60) and brother (23 yrs old, single, studying MCA 1st yr)
    Should I apply for them together or saperately?
    5) If I setup group interview - does it mean - if they want to reject my brother's visa - they will also HAVE TO reject visa for my parents because they have single application/group interview ?

Awaiting reply from you guys!!
    Last edited by visit2011; 02-04-2011, 04:41 PM. Reason: mis-spelled a word

1. FNU = First Name Unknown.
    2. In that case, the first name becomes the last name and first name become FNU.
    3. That's OK.
    4. Either way.
    5. Each person is looked at separately.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thanks!!

Thanks for your help..
      While filling the DS-160...I came across some other things which Im not sure how to deal with :
      1) For my mom and dad's DS-160 ( we do not know their parents's date of birth). Is it okay to select "Do Not Know" option?
      2) I've mentioned current work status as "Retired", so for previous Employement, they are asking Supervisor details and all...Does it have to be absolutely accurate or can we give anyone who was working with her/him?
      3) What if i do not have the copies of my Tax returns? Is it absolutely necessary to have them ?
      4) My parents are both retired: What documents would prov that they have strong social ties ? Please suggest some options!!
      5) Is it important to give the Pension documents for them ? will it benefit?
      6) For my brother, I am getting his College ID Card, and a letter from his college saying he has 2 years of course work left. Is it enough or would he need any other supporting documents as well ?
      Thanks!!

Comment

FNU Issue!

Originally posted by visit2011 View Post
        Hello,
        I read some posts which pertain to the same problem as mine, however the term FNU has really confused me.
        1) Does it stand for "First Name Unknown" or "Family Name Unknown"?
        2) Both my mom and dad do not have any Last Name in their Passports. So Should I mention FNU in I-134 form (for B2 Visa) in "First Name" column or "Name (Family Name) Column. Please suggest!
        3) Address in Passport is different than current address. Would it be a problem to use current address (if address proof for current address is available) ?
        4) I'm applying for visitor Visa for 3 people (for my grad walk)- Mom, dad, and brother. Mom and dad Retired (under 60) and brother (23 yrs old, single, studying MCA 1st yr)
        Should I apply for them together or saperately?
        5) If I setup group interview - does it mean - if they want to reject my brother's visa - they will also HAVE TO reject visa for my parents because they have single application/group interview ?

Awaiting reply from you guys!!
        Were you able to bring your parents? Anything you did to change their names? or Were they able to travel with FNU in the Passport/ I 134 Forms? I am in the same situation, need some help!
        Last edited by Sarah981; 07-21-2014, 10:01 PM. Reason: Add more sentence

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X