Strange scenario - Interview attended, Passports kept, but called again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange scenario - Interview attended, Passports kept, but called again

I'm currently working on OPT and had invited my parents to visit me. They were interviewed in Kolkata Embassy and it went well. They were asked few questions like which company I was working etc. The interviewer did not even ask to see any documents !! They were told that they could collect their visas the next day. My parents were happy thinking that their visa was approved and returned home thinking that the passports woud arrive on mail.

However after a couple of days they received a call from the embassy asking them to come back to the embassy along with all the documents again !! They didn't quite explain what exactly the matter was and why my parents were being called again. My parents do not live near Kolkata so will need to book their flight tickets and hotel all over again.

Can anyone tell me what the matter might be? I've never heard of any case where one is asked to appear at the embassy again after (supposedly) clearing the interview !! Could they have missed some paperwork during the interview? Like I said, they were not asked to show any supporting documents by the visa officer.

I'd appreciate if anybody could tell me what the matter might be !!

There is no way for any of us to know what exactly is going on with their specific case.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X