Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents Passport Name Correction to Visit US

Hello,

I tried to find answer to my question in all the forums but couldn't able to find one.

I would expect someone could answer my question and below is the question:

I am planning to sponsor a visiting visa for my Parents to visit USA. But my parents last name was mis-spelled by 1 character.

For example, Correct last name is: Benerjee
    Spelled in the Passport as : Benarjee

And, my passport has the correctly spelled last name as "Benerjee".

Will this be a problem to attend the Visa Interview?

Will the visa officier pin-point the 1 character difference in spelling from my passport and their passports?

Can my parents carry any additional photo-id's along with them with correct name on it without making the correction on the passport for the visa interview and to visit USA?

If it is must to correct the spelling, what is the actual procedure to make this correction in Hyderabad passport office? And, What is the quickest way to get it addressed?

My parents passport was issued in 2005 and traveled to Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, etc...

Thanks in Advance!

Thanks

If your parents last name is wrong in their passport, they should get it corrected before applying for visa.

If it is correct in their passport, and there is one character difference in your passport, it does not matter.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thanks for the advise Admin...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X