B2 second attempt, change status...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 second attempt, change status...

I applied for B2 visa December 2010, and at the time of filing, I was single, but then I got married January 2011 and appeared at the interview in February 2011 with status as single. I was denied. I am 27 years old. I am planning to apply again ASAP for a B2 visa as I am scheduled to take an exam May 2011. I wanted to change my status to married, as this will be an addition to my ties. I am wondering if there would be problems that would arise from this change? The consular officer specifically asked during my first interview if I am married, and I answered single as I have not yet obtained any marriage certificate at that time. Please provide inputs....

As long as you did everything truthfully at any given point of time, it is no problem that you got married in the middle of the process.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

need help...

Thank you so much for your inputs. It is highly appreciated.

Also, I would like to ask, during my first interview, the consul did not ask for any of my documents, I brought all my supporting documents then, I am planning to include them in a cover letter so that he/she will know of my ties and that I will just stay in the US for a week and then return home. When is the right time to present my cover letter? Is it ok to hand it to the consul while stating the purpose of my trip?

Thank you . I really need your inputs since I am all set to take an exam and have prepared so much for that. This exam is given only in the US, but many of us have been denied lately.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X