221g visitor visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g visitor visa

My parents had an interview at Chennai Consulate on Mar 17. My father was asked where he works and the job details.

At the end of 2 or 3 questions, he was given a 221g form and has been asked to email it and they would do the processing. They took his passport, DS-156 and DDs.

We did not hear from them still. How much time does it take to process 221g? Could anyone please tell if they faced this situation and what was the result? We have sent 221g form on Mar 17 itself. Should we email it again? Are there any recommended actions?

Thanks in advance.

Faced same kind of situation....

Hi,

My in-law's faced same kind of situation. They received 221g and they took their passport and all other documents. They waited for 3 months. After 3 months they got 1 year visa.

Have a good luck

Comment

When was your in-laws' case approved ?

Hi,

Could you tell me when did your in laws apply (date) and when did they get clearance ? We are in same situation - interview on March 23rd 2005....said needs admin processing and then have not heard.

avdxz

Comment

My parents finally got visa yesterday after about 3 months of waiting under 221g. However my father was given 1 yr visa and mother 10 years. Hope this helps to people in the same situation.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X