Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inquiry on B1/B2 Visa

Hello,
    I had visited United States in 2008 and 2009 for on the job training. I have been issued B1/B2 visa for 10yrs multiple entry.
    My Visa has been issued by US consulate. My two visits to USA is through my office for on the job training. Office visits to USA are unpredictable. It might or might not happen.
    My main question is, IF I WANT TO VISIT USA ON B1/B2 VISA ON MY PERSONAL EXPENSES, ARE THERE ANY RULES & RESTRICTION FOR IT?
    HOW FREQUENT CAN I VISIT TO USA?
    Please help me on these queries.
    Thank you.

You can in principle Visit the US. But the purpose of your trip should be Visiting only. At the port of entry, the officer will determine how long you can stay in the US based on your plan, itinerary etc.
    You can visit multiple number of times but as a rule of thumb, you should spend more time outside the US than visiting the US over the period of the Visa.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      You can in principle Visit the US. But the purpose of your trip should be Visiting only. At the port of entry, the officer will determine how long you can stay in the US based on your plan, itinerary etc.
      You can visit multiple number of times but as a rule of thumb, you should spend more time outside the US than visiting the US over the period of the Visa.
      Thanks for the reply. I stayed for 6 months during my two visits in the USA last 2008 and 2009 for the on the job training. I am just making sure that I could still use the B1/B2 visa for personal use since I was told by the immigration officer before (2009) that I applied a visa for a job training purpose. Hope that if I will stay for only a couple of weeks in the USA I could use my current B1/B2 visa.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X