B1 Visa For USMLE step 2 cs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 Visa For USMLE step 2 cs

Im a medical grad from India. I am applying for a B1 visa to appear for the Step 2 CS exam in june. i have a question regarding the sponsor. my father cant sponsor my trip as he is not very well to do financially. my maternal grandfather is the one who is sponsoring my education right now, but unfortunately he doesnt file IT returns. does this preclude him being my sponsor. his assets are quite sizeable(3-5 crores) would that help?
    as a second option i have a maternal uncle who is also willing to sponsor my visit. He is a naturalized citizen in America.
    i am employed and making around 3 lakhs per annum, but since i have started working a year ago i dont have enough savings to sponsor myself.
    any advice regarding my application would be of immense help.

If someone does not pay income tax, he obviously can't show the #2 money that he has funds.

You will have to get a sponsor who has #1 money.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

oh..then my only option is to make my uncle the sponsor..do you think this will dent my chances? if so,is there anyway to prove ill comeback..as i already told you im emplyed..but all the family property is in my grand fathers name..is there anything i can do to strengthen my application...

Comment

Sponsorship by uncle itself does not create any problem.

I suggest that you read our visitors visa section for the complete information. http://www.immihelp.com/visitor-visa/
        Immihelp Support

Comment

thank you so much for ur help!
          before i finish..what docs must my uncle provide? the sections on the website seem to specify docs only for sponsors in india..once again thank you..and pls provide info on hw to contribute to ur website..ur doing great service to everyone and i wud like to contribute in my own small way!

Comment

Sponsor documents are the same for all the countries.

The best contribution you can do to the web site is to stick around and answer others' questions and help one another.
            Immihelp Support

Comment

i sure as hell will try to do that. thank you!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X