Sponsoring parents' visitor's visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponsoring parents' visitor's visa

I am a married woman living in US on H4. My brother is an internal medicine resident living in the US for the past 2 years. My parents would like to visit us for 2 months this summer.

My father is a retired bank employee and currently volunteers as the accounting care-taker of a local non-profit organization. My mother is a housewife. They own a house and some property in India. My father gets an annual pension of Rs 1.8 lacs, which falls below the taxable bracket for retirees

I have a few questions about their visitor visa

1. How much value worth of property/deposits/cash etc should they show to self-sponsor their visit?

2. Since my brother is still a resident, he doesn't have enough savings to sponsor their visit completely. Can he and my parents share sponsorship, meaning my parents part-sponsor their visit and my brother also part-sponsors? If yes, what documents would my brother need to provide? How much money should he show in his account?

3. My uncle(mother's brother) is a US citizen. If he decides to sponsor their visit, would it cause a negative effect on their application? (e.g. why is the brother sponsoring when both kids are in US? (Obvious answer: son still a resident and daughter unemployed) )

Any other inputs also appreciated. Thanks!

1. That is not a valid question. They can only show what they have.

2. They can share the expenses. The amount of money that they should have is about the expenses they will incur in visiting the U.S.

3. That is no problem.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thanks.

What I meant with my first question was, how much would be enough? I have read in other forums about $5k per person would be enough to sponsor a visitor's visa. I wanted to know if there was a similar estimate for self-sponsorship.

I get the idea from your reply. Thank you very much.

Comment

Just FYI, you may be unemployed but your husband is not and he can definitely sponsor your parents.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X