CS visa before steps! advice needed..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS visa before steps! advice needed..

Hi, Am preparing for step-1 but as you all of u know that from july 17th 2011 we need to type patient notes compulsory. I am not turtle but average. I fear that in that 10min time can we finish up typing in that anxious environment. I like writing paper patient notes so thinking whether go or not to cs...but visa is issue.We can convince visa officer bcz as per guideliness we can give steps in any order. with some forum experiences i see differentversions. somegot 10yr ME visa with out steps and some got with step-1 only and some got rejected due to only step-1 but not ck score. I think all depends on our convincing answers.

I think i can convince VO by telling that i can give step-1 in india after CS. anyone got this experience and how VO responded..plz share and give advices. Particularily hyderabad consulate,india.

OR shall i take step-1 and go for CS with typing practice later?
    All step-1 results after may 17th will come up only on july 13th as per usmle news.So even though i give step-1 after my 17th as per my plan i cannot go to VO with step-1 score bcz i will get them on july 13th and again july 16th is last date for paper patient notes....what a situation here..haha

While just checking for CS visa dates i see that they ask "Purpose of visit" In options i choosed Tourism/Family vist/ all other and Type of visa..its however B1/B2...iam sure about type of visa BUT AM NOT sure about purpsoe of visa...In options listed in that i feel".Tourism/Family vist/ all other" is BEST CHOICE...am i correct

Right now am on leave since 6 months and i will join back job after having CS exam

plz advice

hi,
    got my visa sanctioned on 18/4/11 for 10y ME.
    i had given my step1 and hav scheduled ck in may n cs in mid june(before the notes thing stuck mle takers!)
    durin my interview i was asked my step1 scores(99/233).
    i know of quite some ppl who got rejection cos they had applied directly for cs,
    safest bet is giv atleast step1 with ready scores before interview...
    give cs later. typing is not such a diff thing. and 10 min is sufficient for it.
    having good scores givs u a btr chance for the visa..
    al d best..

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by ankylosin View Post
      hi,
      got my visa sanctioned on 18/4/11 for 10y ME.
      i had given my step1 and hav scheduled ck in may n cs in mid june(before the notes thing stuck mle takers!)
      durin my interview i was asked my step1 scores(99/233).
      i know of quite some ppl who got rejection cos they had applied directly for cs,
      safest bet is giv atleast step1 with ready scores before interview...
      give cs later. typing is not such a diff thing. and 10 min is sufficient for it.
      having good scores givs u a btr chance for the visa..
      al d best..

Can you tell me VO experience in detail.Congrats

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X