Information on B2 visa for mom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information on B2 visa for mom

My mom got a 3 month visa ( one entry) starting March 24th at the US consulate abroad, when she arrived at Atlanta airport, she was stamped a stay of Oct 3rd 2011 on her I-94, does this mean she can stay (till Sept) without any repercussions when she goes for another visa at the same consulate abroad? Do I need to extend her 3 months visa (given at the embassy abroad). Please any information will be appreciated.

Thanks
    NJ
    Last edited by Enjy; 04-20-2011, 11:55 AM. Reason: more information

She can stay till the I-94 date. Visa only needs to be valid on the day of travel.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Kabkaba for your response. I see that the website/visa process has been changed since my mom got an appointment date. One of the guidelines for qualifying for the Renewal Program is: "Your visa to be renewed is a full-validity (24-month) multiple-entry visa;" my mom's visa is 3 months one entry does this mean she is not qualified for a renewal program? Also, how best do you suggest I go about renewing her visa since I would like her to stay till Sept 30th (date stamped on her I-94 which is Oct 3rd 2011), what kind of documents to I need to provide for the renewal? I had a baby in Jan and I need help.

Thanks
      NJ

Comment

It does not really matter. There is very little difference in renewal and new application.
        When she applies for a visa again sometime in future, you can send her bank statements etc. to show that you are funding her trip.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X