Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please advice.Visitor visa for brother and sister.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please advice.Visitor visa for brother and sister.

Hi all,
    My brother (45yrs) and his family (wife 42 and 2 kids 16 and 11yrs old) are planning to come to the US this summer for a month. They are financially pretty secure and have strong ties there (parents, business, personal and rental properties, Boarding school fees recipt for the next school year for my neice etc). My parents have also visited US several times before. I am also sending affidavit of support along with all supporting documents. I am very hopeful that they will get the visa.
    Here comes the twist.
    I also have a sister30 yrs old,, who until 2 weeks ago had no intentions of coming to US as she was pregnant and expecting her first child after 10 years of marriage and several unsuccessful IVF cycles. Unfortunately, the pregnancy had to be aborted as the fetus was diagnosed with a very serious disorder in the 5th month. She along with everyone in the family is heart broken. So, I really want her to come to the US with our brother to cheer her up.
    My questions are-
    1. Should my brother and sister go together for the interview or my brother and his family go first and a couple weeks later my sister go ?
    2. My sister's husband doesn't want to come as he cant stay away from his business for more than a week. Can my sister go alone for the visa or her husband should go with her and then later not use his visa at all?
    3. Is it a good idea to write about what has happened to my sister lately in the letter to the consulate to gain their sympathy? I really want her to get this visa as I don't want her to face another dissappointment in life.
    4.Should I send an I 134 for her too although her husband and she are quite capable of self sponsering?
    Any thoughts or advice/tips would be greatly appreciated.
    BTW, we are US citizens and have been here for last 20 years. My husband would be the sponser as he is the primary bread winner for the family.
    Thanks so much and sorry for such a long post.

You are reading too much into the whole process.
    US Visa's are granted to genuine travellers who may want to visit the US for a temporary period and who can demonstrate that their stay is temporary.

Your sister's recent events ( sorry to hear about the same ) however unfortunate has no bearing on her getting a tourist visa.
    If she was planning to deliver in the states, then that would have been a different issue.

Ask them all to be confident and answer all questions confidently to the VO and they are sure to get the visa. No letters are read by the VO before the interview.

Comment

Originally posted by US_Aid View Post
      If she was planning to deliver in the states, then that would have been a different issue.
      Thanks for responding.
      My sister was never planning to deliver the baby in the States. In fact she is only coming to States to take her mind off of her latest misfortune.
      My 2 main questions still stand. If someone can advice, that would help me greatly.
      1. Can My brother's family and my sister go for the visa interview at the same time? Or do they have to get different appointment times as they are different families now?
      2. Should her husband go for the visa as well, even though he won't be able to join her because of their business? I am concerned about her going alone as she is still quite young(29yrs) and VO may think she is going for other reasons.
      Thanks so much.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X