Father's visa approved but sister's got rejected at Delhi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father's visa approved but sister's got rejected at Delhi

I sponsored my father and sister for visitor visa at delhi and they had their interview together today. My father's VISA got approved but my sister's visa got rejected. Interviewer initially asked about my father's job (he is retired) and then asked my sister following questions:

Interviewer: How many kids she has.
    My Sister: I have two kids.
    Interviewer: What are they doing.
    My Sister: They are studying. I
    Interviewer: What is your husband doing.
    My Sister: he is a doctor.
    Interviewer: What is his specialization.
    My Sister: Orthopaedics.
    Interviewer: Oh... Ohhhhhhh...oooo (Not sure what does that mean)

and then he told that my father's visa is approved but not of my sister. They asked for reason and he didn't tell anything.

Was interviewer afraid that my sister is going to settle in US and then his husband will also come to US since he is a doctor?
    Also if I want to reapply for her , how long should I wait. and should I sponsor her this time or ask her to apply by herself?

It is common for young people not to get the visa. Read https://www.immihelp.com/us-visitor-...young-persons/ for more information.

She can reapply at any time, but unless the situation has since the last application, she may be rejected again.

If she can show that she has money to take care of her own finances, that is better. Otherwise, someone has to sponsor her.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X