Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Mother's Visitor visa rejected under 214(b)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Mother's Visitor visa rejected under 214(b)

Hi All,

My Mother's Visa got rejected on 9th May 2010 under Section 214(b). The VO didn't looked at any of the documents. He asked only 4 questions and below are the answers my mother gave to him.

1) Why are you going to US?
    A) To visit my son.

2) How many children do you have?
    A) One son who is in US(me) and elder daughter got married and living in Hyderabad.

3) What about your husband?
    A) Expired 2yrs back.

4) How long you are going to stay?
    A) 6months as i have to come back in Dec to find a bride to my son who is single.

and without looking anything else, he straight away rejected the visa. Anybody can tell me what the reason could be? Is this because she is going to stay for 6months?

She is visiting here just for pleasure. As I would be leaving back to India in December and may not come back, this is the only chance she can visit US. So the plan is that she come to US , stays with me for 6months and we both go back to India in Dec(by that time my mom's 6months US visit will also be finished).

She is planning to reapply for the visa and this time she gonna stay only 2months if she got the visa. So if she tells a different ans to the same question again will it be a problem? I mean, if the VO asks the same question again, she is going to tell that she will stay only 2months.

Can someone suggest me on this please?

read https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visa-re...lication-tips/
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

214-b

My mother appeared for her first B2 visa interview @ Mumbai on 31st Jan-'11. Officer didnt asked her much,

How many kids you have (2 sons both in US and unmarried Daughter in India).
      Why you are going USA. Which place, what do your sons do, where where they before???
      What about your husband (My father is expired long time)

My mother has job, property, reason to go back and she wants to come here for 3/4 months period.

She was told Sorry! you are a potential immigrant.

I read similar stories in immihelp, what I understood, Social/Economic ties are the main reasons they (Officers) have mentioned to the parental applicants. If the situation changes, you can re-apply. Now the question is about changing situation for the applicant.

I am here in this forum to discuss with folks with similar situation what could be the situation-story that will make VO fully convinced that my single parent is just traveling for family purpose for few months and go back, if multiple entry that they can travel again as tourist for few months.

Please comment.

Comment

Princenoble,

Actually the main reason is her being a widow.

She can try again with a better presentation but please post the visa status of two sons in US.
        Also is hers a private or a govt job and what is her annual family income from all sources?
        Last time did they ask about who is funding the trip and how long does she want to stay?
        What was her answer?

Comment

Tough for widowed women to get US visas

Widowed women have a tough task getting a visa, i know of women who have been rejected 5 times, its almost impossible to prove that she is not a case for 214b as no husband, children (son) abroad, daughter married so what strong ties can she demonstrate in India, bank balances are of no use as according to VO it can be easily transferred, The only cases i know where widowed women have got visa are if the have travelled a lot internationally and are holding large business intrest in India

Comment

Visitor visa Rejected 214(b) rejected twice for my MIL

Hi All,

Recently my Mother-in-Law(single parent), had tried attending visa interview at Hyderabad & Chennai locations respectively. Both the times visa is rejected under 214(b).

first interview at Hyderabad.

Questions asked are.
            1. purpose of the trip - answered to meet daughter & son-in-law also for tour
            2. duration for the trip - around 3 months
            3. asked about my FIL - she replied he recently passed away. (appiled in ds-160 as married instead of widowed)
            4. asked about pension - she said it is under process.
            5. asked other children - 1 unmarried son, doing job.
            6. about sponsors- she replied that my SIL is sponsoring the trip

Rejected .. with 214(b) - not showing strong ties to home country..

2nd time at Chennai
            1. purpose of the trip - answered to meet daughter & son-in-law also for tour, told to visit new-york , naigara
            2. duration for the trip - around 3 months
            3. asked abt sponsorship - she told about SIL sponsoring, even though she can financially afford
            4. asked abt me like job, role, state etc..
            5. when the officer issuing 214(b).. my mother was about to show the proof of assets like affidavit etc.. officer responded.. u can show only if i ask.

Again rejected with 214(b) - same strong ties and mention abt sponsorship..

Need help on this case..how to proceed further.. any help or suggestions are highly appreciated..

Thanks,

Comment

sreecse20,

As visa officer said earlier in this thread - the best way to show it ties is "have traveled a lot internationally and are holding large business interest in India"
              - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

hi

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
                sreecse20,

As visa officer said earlier in this thread - the best way to show it ties is "have traveled a lot internationally and are holding large business interest in India"

any other suggestion as she did not travel internationally

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X