Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa interview on July 15th - No Valid H1B

Hi,

My parents are having visa interview on July 15th 2011. I am the one who needs to sponser them, but I dont have my vallid H1B. I have applied and still not approved. Right now I am on receipt. I have all other documents.

Can my parents attend to interveiw with out approved H1B?

Please help.

Yes, all you are doing is funding their trip and providing them with a reason to visit the US.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Appreciate your response. I will send my parents for interview.

If they got denied can I book another slot immediately and send them With my H1 approval or do I need to wait for certain duration?

Comment

Your H1 approval has nothing to do with their application. They need to provide evidence that they have strong ties to their home country such as family and property and that they intend to return after their trip to the US.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Hi Manoj,

I too am on the same boat and i asked the same question here. User Kabkaba is right in saying that H1B approval has nothing to do with the application. I sent the copy of my 797 on H1B renewal to my parents and they had their interview yesterday at Mumbai Consulate. They were asked about my paystub and my bank statements. Then they were asked about my visa status and a copy of my visa. Since my visa expired, they showed the 797. I guess everything was acceptable since they got their visa approved. They will be receiving their passports by courier.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X