Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents Visitor Visa - Name Issue

Hi folks,

I'm sponsoring my parents B1/B2 visitor visa. My dad's name in his passport is as below;

Surname: AA RR
    Givenname: MM

Thus, his name as per passport is MM AA RR.

His property documents and other documents list his name as AA RR MM. I'm filing his DS-160 according to how his name is listed in his passport (MM AA RR).

So, 2 questions;

1) Since his other documents list his name as 'AA RR MM', should I list that name in the 'Other name' section of the DS-160 form? given that his given and surname in passport and other documents are inverse of each other?

2) Also, I'm planning on getting a same-name affidavit done for him stating that these two combination of names are one and the same. How should I address him in my invitation letter/consulate letter and also on this same-name affidavit, as AA RR MM (name in other docs) or MM AA RR (as per pp)?

You help is much appreciated. This is my first time on ImmiHelp.
    Thanks

name is different in passport

make affidavit for name change. Provide correct name in their passport

Comment

I'm making a same-name affidavit, are you referring to that?

So, should I enter AA RR MM in 'Other names' field in DS-160, or can I just leave it blank? There is no name change per se, just that givenname and surname are interchanged in documents other than passport.

How should I address him in my invitation letter/consulate letter and also on this same-name affidavit, as AA RR MM (name in other docs) or MM AA RR (as per pp)?

Comment

Hi, could anybody guide me please? It is bit urgent. Any clarification will go a long way in helping me out. Anybody? Immihelp?

Comment

It is not required. Keep the name as per passport.
          This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you for the reply kabkaba, so you are saying it is not required to write my father's interchanged surname-given name in the 'other name' section of DS-160? Could you please elaborate if possible?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X