Urgent Please-20 year valid passport....Immihelp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Please-20 year valid passport....Immihelp

my moms passport is valid for 20 years. I read about 20 year valid passport on this particular site
    With this new rule, does she has to go to passport to get it changed to 10 years before is attends visa interview????Their interview is on April 22th. I don't know if she could get the passport back by then.....

Please advice. anyone who is under same situation please answer too.

Unfortunately, she will have to get new passport before she even thinks about applying for US visa.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Would it be possible to get a early appt for interview...not wait until august...as this new rule just came in yetserday...

how many days does it take to change 20 years validity to 10 years validilty in passport office. Can we take the proof of web appt letter and show this an emergency and apply under TATKAAL scheme. Is police verification needed again..

Does it help to Call ttsservices/ Chennia consulate find out to new appt for sometime in may...tell them the situation.

Please let me know.

Comment

when I called by the consulate office day before yesterday before the news came in times of india newspaper they told me it is advisable to get new passport. But when I asked them whether my mom would be allowed to attend the interview or enter the counsulate office, then the person said..she would be allowed and they ask her to go get a new passport...

So, my interpretation was if my mom visa gets approved she could then go to the passport office and get it changed to 10 years and carry both passport to travel US.

But this timeofindia news has left me in lot of confusions now.

Immihelp...Srikar...Please advice.

Comment

Best thing is let her go for interview, get visa and then apply for new passport and let her travel with both passports.
          Immihelp Support
          No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X