unrestricted right of abode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unrestricted right of abode

I was hoping someone could advise me on the specifics of the following statement from the USA's Visa Waiver Program. It says that the UK is on the list of countries that are part of the programme but it also has the following statement:

United Kingdom Passports: Only United Kingdom passports notated with “British Citizens” and/or “with unrestricted right of abode in the United Kingdom” are eligible for VWP admission. Holders of passports indicating that the bearer is a British Subject, British Dependent Territories Citizen, British Overseas Citizen or British National (Overseas) do not qualify for VWP travel.

I guess my question is about the "and/or" in that statement, it seems ambiguous to me where the "and/or" is referring to, is it the first part of the first sentence or the "British Citizens"? More specifically, does "unrestricted right of abode in the United Kingdom" refer to people who have passports that are not necessarily from the UK but from any other country who have what is often referred to (at least in the UK) as "Indefinite Leave to Remain" (ILR)?

I am having difficultly speaking to the right people in the US Immigration Service that could give me a specific answer to this.

Thanks for any help on this matter.
    Last edited by kaliok; 07-22-2011, 07:10 AM.

UK citizens only.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X