Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa for Parents (B1/B2)

Hi,

I am working on L1 and want to get my parents tourist visa. problem in my parents name in my passport is having last name as "Maru" but in my parents passport it is "Maroo". though pronunciation is same but spelling is different. In my passport my Last name is also "Maru". i am the sponsar and in this situation what precautions i can take or documents i need to submit so that their visa did not get rejected. In my Birth Certificate also the name of my parents match with my passport but it does not match with their passport..

please advise me as soon as possible.. i dont know what to do? also there are other property document where in some of the documents name is "Maru" and in some it is "Maroo".

Please advise on this.

Thanks
    Sonam

It will not matter. If asked they can answer that the names are same in native language and both spellings are valid. Parents are not required to have same last name as child anyway.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks.. can anyone throw more light on this.

Comment

Also can anyone tell me in my birth certificate last name of my parents matches with my last name but it does not match with their passport.. so is that birth certificate proves child-parent relationship as i am sponsoring visa for my parents.

also if they ask why parents last name is different from my birth certificate whereas my parents passport has been issued after my birth certificate.

please help me to understand this.

Comment

Hi ,

I m a new user not sure of i m posting at rite place .. but needed urgent help .

My father is denied Visitor Visa twice unware where it is going worng.He is a widower,. First time when he applied it was 3 months prior to his retirement he was denied . this time we applied after a years gap again he is denied.In our family , two of my sisters are in India and i m the only one here . I m on H1 and my husband on green card sponsered my father.
          They just ask why is he goin to US and wat do we do i US. Me and my husband are well employed but its very surprising as to why visa is being reject. Can you please help and advise further.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X