Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1/B2, Tourist visa.

Hi ,

I am a doctor graduated from India going to write my USMLE step 2 CS exam, I am going to apply for tourist visa, preferably B1/B2, 10 year multiple entry.
    i have a couple of loans in a private bank, which i'l finish paying only after a couple of years, some of my friends say that i should clear those loans before i go to visa interview in a month's time.
    is it true?? will the visa authorities check if i have any loans pending in my name?
    i am really confused bcause i have to be in the u.s by 0ct 15th, my exam date.
    if thats true, then i have to makesome urgent arrangements to repay the entire loan.
    PLS GUIDE ME, I am very much worried about this.

Hi

I had applied for my B1/B2 visa to write my step2CS and it was approved two days back. They did not ask me any supporting documents. I guess they need to be sure that you have enough finances ( bank balance etc) to travel and stay in the US and you have enough ties back in India (parents/wife , job etc).
    I don't think having a loan would affect your chances. just don't tell them about it. that's all.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X