Applying for B2 visa 1 year after rejection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for B2 visa 1 year after rejection

Hi. I am a Malaysian citizen, presently finishing my Internship in New Delhi. I hold a Malaysian passport.

Last year, after completing my final year, I decided to visit my sister who works in Indianapolis.

I had applied for the Visa at the American Embassy in New Delhi. My visa got rejected twice under section 214b. I applied for the second time within a time span of 2 weeks.

My application was rejected despite a Bona Fide letter from my College Dean stating that I have to complete a 1 years compulsory training before I am awarded my degree. (In my opinion that was a very strong tie to bring me back to India after my vacation)

Now that I am finally finishing my Internship and returning to Malaysia, I am planning to apply for a Visa from the American Embassy in Malaysia.

a) What are my chances of being approved now? I am planning to travel with my mother to visit my sister and then return with her. I was told, Visa applicants stood better chance of getting approved when applying for Visa from his/her own home country (in my case Malaysia)

b) If I do apply for the Visa again and attend the interview in Malaysia sometime in December ( I officially will be done with internship on December 31st and returning to Malaysia for good around the 1st week of January), while still doing my internship, are the chances of rejection higher? My sole purpose of doing this would be to purchase a cheaper ticket. My travel plans are on January 30th.

c) Should I go ahead and purchase the ticket with my mum (my mum already has a 10 year visa), and then schedule for an appointment in January? Is this advisible?

I would truly appreciate your advice on this matter as I am very confused on my next course of action.

Thank you
    Gayathiri

Yes, you have better changes from home country provided you are settled in the home country. Applying with mother or alone does not matter.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X