Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

visitor visa for in-laws (chances of rejection)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• visitor visa for in-laws (chances of rejection)

Hi,

I (or my wife) am planning to sponsor visitor visa for my in-laws for the first time.

While filling up DS-156 form online, they ask 1 question "Has Anyone Ever Filed an Immigrant Visa Petition on Your Behalf"

My wife's grand-parents ( citizens of US) has already filed petition for my in-laws in 2005.

Should we answer YES to the above question. My fear is if I answer YES, the chances of rejection for B2 visa for in-laws are 100%

You must answer truthfully. Otherwise, it is a big problem.

They know about it anyway. Therefore, there is no point in trying to hide it.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thanks immihelp. I will select YES and clearly say that their parents have already filed a petition. (I am 100% sure they will reject B2 visa but will give a shot and see)

BTW, is it ok if I (H1 holder) sponsor my wife's parents or should my wife (H4 holder) sponsor?

Comment

Hey. ...

You have to sponser as you are the earning member here or they have to come on their own mentioning that they have the money to take care of all the expenses also dont lie in DS160 abt the immigrant petition part.

BTW I want to apply for my inlaws and they have an approved i130 (sister of in-law filed) and I am planning to file in february 2012. So please please let me know the outcome of this (reply here or mail me [email protected]).

What I have heard is they may not reject all the cases. In this case they have to show very strong ties( working, depending kids, property etc etc) but its all luck. I have seen couple of people who got it approved in this forum and one guy whom I know got approved but only 6 months ....
        Last edited by anna1234; 11-30-2011, 08:53 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X