Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advise needed on B2 Visa-Dad's visa got rejected 3 times

Hi,
    Please please provide advise on when I can apply B2 visa for my dad for 4th time.
    Here's our sad story...
    Applied B2 visa for my dad in Chennai consulate and got rejected 3 times.

Attempt 1 - end of april 2011.
    -------------
    Sponser - My husband (with H1 visa)
    Rejection reason - unknown.
    Questions asked -
    Q1 who is xxx?
    ans - My daughter
    Q2 What is she doing?
    Ans - working in US
    VO - sorry sir, she is studying.
    Dad - No sir, she is working. I have her docs.
    VO - sorry sir, she is studying. That's all and returned passport. (no reason was explained)

Analysis - I was also working in US with H1 visa. I had mentioned in the application that I was partially dependant. (since my medical insurance was thru' my husband's). Not sure if that's why VO thought that I was studying. ). Other thing is I was in India on vacation from Jan 2011 till April 2011. And my dad went for interview when I was in India.

Attempt 2-May 1st week 2011
    ---------------
    Sponser - My husband (with H1 visa)
    Rejection reason - unknown.
    Changes done -
    1. I came back to US.
    2. Somewhere I read that if we say dad is not working they'll reject instead if he has rental income, can mention that in application and it worked. My dad indeed has rental income. But the thing is the house is in my name. I mentioned that in the application. so, instead of retired in the work column, I mentioned this. And the house where my dad is living is in my mom's name.

During the interview.
    VO - Do you have property?
    Dad - Yes.
    VO - Sorry sir.
    Dad - I have the documents. here it is.
    VO - SOrry sir. That's all.

Attempt 3-End of August 2011[filed by an Agent]. Instead I could have done it myself. I did half the work for this visa. That lady did nothing .
    ---------------
    Sponser - Myself (with H1 visa)
    Rejection reason - This time VO clearly mentioned that he needed tax bill in dad's name.
    Changes done -
    - Instead of my husband sponsoring, I sponsored.
    - Mentioned in the application as "retired" itself.
    - In the application, mentioned as "visa rejected more than twice in 12 months" - yes. Earlier rejections were due to communication problem. Earlier I didn't bring property documents. But this time I have it with me.
    During the interview -
    VO - Do you have property?.
    Dad - Yes. Here are the docs.
    VO - Show me the tax bill.
    Dad - Dad, gave the house tax and water tax bills.
    VO - [he brought a tamil speaking translator and explained]. We need tax doc only in your name.
    Dad - It's in my wife's name. I do have the death certificate and heir certificate[which has dad's name and both daughter's name mentioned there]. I have all necessary certificates with me.
    Translator - No. VO does not want all that. He does not even want to see the property document. All he wants is some tax bill in your name. property tax / income tax.
    And returned the passport.

current situation -
    Dad got house tax bill changed to his name. the passbook now has his name. He also paid current years tax paid in his name and have the bill ready.
    Now my question is : Can we go ahead and apply for the visa this month itself. (or) should we wait for 6 more months. (or) how long should we wait. I'm totally confused. I'm in US for the past 7 years and never brought my parents here . Mom is no more now. Atleast I want my dad to visit us and see places here. He is also very keen to see US and enjoy the place.
    Please advise. sorry for the lengthy post

Read everything at http://www.immihelp.com/usa-visitors-visa/

Esepecially, read https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visa-re...lication-tips/

Better to get that propery that is in your mother's name to your father's name as mother is no more.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X