Visiting USA as tourists with family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting USA as tourists with family

I have an existing B1/B2 visa with which I have made many trips to US on business purpose from my employer. I will be visiting US again in 2012.

In one of my next trips, I am planning to take my wife and daughter as well so that we can visit some places as tourists. They have existing passports and have visited Europe and Singapore in the last few years. How do I apply for B2 visa for them in such case? What will be the supporting documents required? Should we have a definite plan of travel including hotel bookings before they apply? My trips normally will not exceed 2-3 weeks.

Can anybody please help answer my question? Is it mandatory to have a sponsor for B1/B2 visa? Can we apply for it our self and get it stamped? Do I need to have a confirmed travel plan to apply for it?

Comment

You dont need to have a sponsor for getting B2. You just need to show proof that you have enough funds to meet the expenses. Also you have to satisfy the visa officer that your family intension is just tourism and then will return back.

Also its better to have a travel plan to get the visit visa. You may not have to book tickets or hotel before getting visa but you can give more details of your next business trip and the plan to spend some time to visit the place. If you dont have a travel plan now and apply then chances of getting a visa may be less. So send them before your next visit with all the information and proof. Now getting a visa appointment is not very difficult.

Read the dependent section on this.

Comment

Read http://www.immihelp.com/usa-visitors-visa/
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X