10 year visa expiry and entering USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 year visa expiry and entering USA

My Mom's 10 year visa is expiring in Mar 15th 2011. She is planning to visit me in Feb 10th and want to stay for 6 months. Does she need a new visa? Visa expiry is only for entry, I think she does not need on if she is coming Feb. But my friends are saying that the she may get i-94 only for a month, it is better to get a new visa.
    Can she go for new visa before the expiry date march 15th if she is planning to come here in February?

Pl explain should I do in this situation.

Thanks

Your understanding is correct. She can ask for 6 months stay.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by ramalaks View Post
      My Mom's 10 year visa is expiring in Mar 15th 2011. She is planning to visit me in Feb 10th and want to stay for 6 months. Does she need a new visa? Visa expiry is only for entry, I think she does not need on if she is coming Feb. But my friends are saying that the she may get i-94 only for a month, it is better to get a new visa.
      Can she go for new visa before the expiry date march 15th if she is planning to come here in February?

Pl explain should I do in this situation.

Thanks
      Do not worry. No need to apply for a new visa yet. She can be given 6 months stay on the old visa even if it will expire in one month. My mother entered one week before the expiry of her 10 yr visa and they gave her 6 month stay.
      Last edited by peace999; 12-18-2011, 06:52 AM.

Comment

10 year visa expiry and entering USA

My in-laws visa is expiring on Jan 30th 2012. They applied for extension and it got rejected. Can they travel now and stay for 6 months? Please confirm.

Comment

Originally posted by nila7459 View Post
          My in-laws visa is expiring on Jan 30th 2012. They applied for extension and it got rejected. Can they travel now and stay for 6 months? Please confirm.
          You mean they applied for a new visa in India and it was refused?

1.Why? Can you post the interview?
          2. Did the embassy not cancel the existing visa?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X