Thanks Gos ! Parens B2 visa approved in second attempt at Mumbai Consulate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Gos ! Parens B2 visa approved in second attempt at Mumbai Consulate

My Parents attended their interview at Mumbai Consulate on Dec 14,2011 time of interview 8.30 am (morning time is good ) their visa get approved.

The questions asked

Why are you going to USA ?

A: Tourism and to meet daughter and son in law

How many children do you have ?

A: My Mom answered this question ( i have 2 sisters and 1 bro living in India )

How long are u going to stay?

A: 3 months

What company you work for?

A: **** ** this company but now i am retired

How much balance you have in your bank ?

A : 13 Lakh

Show me your daughters Passport copies?

A: He just looked 2 to 3 pages and said your visa is approved and your passport will be mailed to u in 2 to 3 days . This is called a happy ending.

This was their second attempt for visitor visa.Last time they applied April first week 2011. Were asked some questions , asked documents about status and daughters passport copies and then rejected (214B). That was a very sad day for me . our status is 485 pending, me and my husband we both have EAD Cards. My hubby is a computer engineer and I am a house wife. Obviously my husband sponsoring their trip.Because of the last experience this time i tried to take every single details about visitor visa. I did all my paper work by my self Made separate bunches of docs.

Husbands company letter stapled with latest 3 months pay stubs and W2

On the left side of the bunch stapled sticky note size paper and wrote in bold , company letter and pay stubs ( these notes helps parents to find the exact asked documents by)

Affidavit of support I134 stapled with recent bank statements ( same note size paper written Affidavit of Support and Bank Statements)

Our copies of 797C receipt,I797 Transfer notice, copy of Ead cards (note says Legal Status)

Copies of my all my passport pages with I94 printed on it ( note says Daughters Passport)

My Birth certificate , it wasn't original (it was a copy but laminated )

My Marriage certificate copy

My dads property and tax docs ( remember if they own a house they have to take their house tax papers with them) put a small note 'My Assets'

I told my dad that as soon as they get a token # and entered in the interview room put all these supporting docs in the hand ( don't keep them in the bag ). VO doesn't give much time to search for papers.B4 scheduling the interview appointment I wrote all possible questions and answers in my native language( we speak marathi) scaned them and sent to parents via email.

I read that some people contacted their congressman for letter to consulate to help their parents visa get approved.
    I also read that even the letter from congressman couldn't help some of them.
    Still i wanted to give it a try,we live in Mass so searched on inter net Mass senator and wrote a long email. Immediately after sending email received automatic no reply email stating two phone numbers that if this is a urgent issue contact for Massachusetts **** ** this and for Washington Dc **** ** this number. So i called mass # was explaining the situation the person on the phone said he is transferring me to immigration department of the senator. I left a voice mail there, the next day someone called and said that they will fax the letter to mumbai consulate b4 interview but for that they need my parents case # ( usually the case # is hdfc receipt # starts from 0) their b'th dates and most imp their ties to their home country India. Immediately i faxed all these details with a requesting letter to senator office . They said senators office will fax thes details to mumbai consulate asap.I am no sure that this thing helped me or not but giving it a try is not bad idea when its not hard to contact senators office in this country.

My Parents live in a small town of maharashtra . In Mumbai city they reached in the afternoon the day b4 appointment . They booked a lodge room in Dadar area near Kabutar Khana (very cheap rooms). The next early morning on interview day they took a taxi from dadar area and reached Bandra Kurla Comlex ( consulate ) in 45 miutes. Just 5 mnts far from consulate there is place to put the cell phones and any other things that are not allowed in consulate.

* one more tip

Fill DS160 form very carefully. When filling any persons name in the box of given names should be first name and middle name( dont use middle initials). We r on adjustment of status (485 pending) so when asked about immediate relative we put daughters name and status is Nonimmigrant status ( dont select like other or dont know ).When done filling dont forget to print whole info .At the end of application was asked that ,did some one assist you filling application we selected yes and put my husbands name and address and relationship with you ( son in law). Hope this will help you .......

Good Luck

congrats and this really help ....

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X