Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in India recd. 221 g letter from US consulate ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone in India recd. 221 g letter from US consulate ??

Hi Everyone,

This is urgent !!

I would appreciate your response if you could let me know whether anyone you know recd. 221 g letter from any US consulate in India in the last 1 year.

I read thru all experiences and forum posts and was able to find only 3 cases in last one year.The outcome on only 1 was posted.

Is this such an uncommon thing?

If anyone has recd. 221 g letter at interview for administrative processing etc.I would appreciate if you could pl. post your comments here.

My parents gave their interview at the Delhi Consulate and were told that they will be given visa but it will take 2-3 weeks for administrative processing.
    We have not heard anything so far.

Has anyone recd. visa after going thru the same,pl. post your comments.

Its really urgent.Thanks in advance.

Thats not uncommon!

Hi,
    I have got the 221g when i went for my F1 visa. They say it wuld take minimum 3 weeks. It took 4 weeks for me to get my visa stamped. They do some check , something like that. I want to do Ph.D in Physics. So they suspected that i'm going there to do research in nuclear physics as my subject is related to nuclear physics. do ur parents work? If they do , in what field? If they give 221g, you can expect 3 things. one is they might ask your parents to drop some docmumnets if they get clarified their doubts.
    Secondly, they may ask them to come for an interview without an appointment. Finally, they might ask your parents to come for an interview(personal appearance ) with an appointment. It depends upon the doubts they have regarding ur parents application. I have been asked to drop my new I-20 & i got my visa in one after i dropped the required documents in the drop box. I have seen many applicants getting 221g. Thats quite common. Good Luck to ur parents.

Comment

Thanks Priya

Thanks Priya,

I appreciate your response.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X