Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa Rejected

Hi,

I applied for my in-laws and their visa got rejected because my husband did not have a US visa on his indian passport even though they showed him a copy of his green card. What do they mean by "US Visa"? They also said that my husband is living in US illegally and he should surrender his passport. What do they mean by that? Following is how my husband entered the US:

I am a US citizen. I applied for my husband's greencard in 2001. When he came to US they stamped his passport with "Processed for I-551 temporary evidence for lawful admission for permanent residence" along with an Alien #. Within 6 months he received his greencard. His passport expired april 2005 so he renewed the passport in US before submitting for visitor visa sponsorship. The only reason we sent a copy of his passport even though I applied because it was required but we failed to send a copy of his old passport with the stamp of admission. His new passport does not have a stamp.

Please advice what we should do. Can we appeal sooner? Because the next interview date is after 3 months. Also, if we need to reapply should my husband apply for his parents or should I apply again. The only reason I applied was because he is a Consultant and I have a full-time job.

Thanks for your help.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X