Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa - Expecting a baby

Hello,
    I am originally from Pakistan. My wife and I are expecting our 1st baby in August, 2012. I travel for my job a lot and wanted to bring my mom (55 years old) and sister (20 years old - not married and is a Master's student if this info helps with advise) for the expected delivery date for few months to help.
    I been getting different advises like if I wanted to bring my family over to help in the current situation, it will be considered as "baby sitters" and they will not get any visa. Some people are recommending that I can show the medical record which indicates the pregnancy and they both should get the visa.

Can any of the professionals please advise what's the best process for me to pursue in this situation?

Thank you in advance for your assistance!
    Irfan

Visitor Visa - Expecting a baby

Forgot to mention my status in USA. I am a US Citizen and my wife is permanent resident.

Comment

Originally posted by khalil_414 View Post
      Hello,
      I am originally from Pakistan. My wife and I are expecting our 1st baby in August, 2012. I travel for my job a lot and wanted to bring my mom (55 years old) and sister (20 years old - not married and is a Master's student if this info helps with advise) for the expected delivery date for few months to help.
      I been getting different advises like if I wanted to bring my family over to help in the current situation, it will be considered as "baby sitters" and they will not get any visa. Some people are recommending that I can show the medical record which indicates the pregnancy and they both should get the visa.

Can any of the professionals please advise what's the best process for me to pursue in this situation?

Thank you in advance for your assistance!
      Irfan
      First of all, parents of US citizens are considered immediate relatives and are automatically presumed to have an immigrant intent. And a visitor visa strictly requires a non-immigrant intent. This conflict will make it difficult for your mother to get it . They will tell her to go for an immigrant visa filed by you, which should be available to her in less than a year.

Your sister may be able to get it but again, her young age and single status will make her a potential immigrant. She can apply during her college vacation for a short stay like 2-3 weeks.
      Mention of pregnancy unless asked is not advised.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X