Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annotation in B1/B2 Visa to USA

Hi

I am from India and had applied for a US visa in Aug 2010. I was put on a pending status (in order to complete some offline verification). While I missed the trip I was scheduled to go for at that time, as the visa did not arrive in time, I successfully received a 10 year multiple entry R - B1/B2 in Feb 2011. The annotation section of my visa declares "Clearance Received 14th Feb - 2011"

I am now scheduling a holiday to USA in March, 2012 and wanted to know if this is something I should be concerned about and prepare in terms of paperwork etc. Thanks

Originally posted by rayofash View Post
    Hi

I am from India and had applied for a US visa in Aug 2010. I was put on a pending status (in order to complete some offline verification). While I missed the trip I was scheduled to go for at that time, as the visa did not arrive in time, I successfully received a 10 year multiple entry R - B1/B2 in Feb 2011. The annotation section of my visa declares "Clearance Received 14th Feb - 2011"

I am now scheduling a holiday to USA in March, 2012 and wanted to know if this is something I should be concerned about and prepare in terms of paperwork etc. Thanks
    Usually people in sensitive occupations like military , nuclear scientists etc. are verified.
    Did they tell you what the verfication was about?
    What is your occupation and what is your purpose of visit?

Comment

B1/B2 Annotation

Hi Peace999

I was not informed about the kind of verification nor reasons for the same and I dont think they do reveal that.

In fact the officer categorically stated "you're good to go according to me but I just want to do some offline verification and the visa was promptly granted, albeit after 5-6 months"

I work for an American company in the IT sector

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X