X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Suggestion

Hi,

Please suggest an opinion on the following ,

My mom got US visa and she is planning to travel on feb 5th.My dad and my bro(15 yrs) have their visa interview scheduled on Feb 1st..My question here is if they ask my dad a question like "why is your wife not visiting US ? or why you are not taking your wife along with you?" ,what he should answer.Should he tell them that she got the visa already and is planning to travel along with them or he should tell that she is not travelling since she need to take care of the house and properties in his absense.

am really confused what my dad should tell since my bro is also attending the interview along with him.Please do help me.

Thanks In Advance
    sruthee

When did your mother apply and get the visa? This is vitally important .

Comment

MY mom Got her visa on Nov 28 ,2011

Comment

Originally posted by sruthee View Post
        MY mom Got her visa on Nov 28 ,2011
        If you plan to travel together but apply some time apart , the officer may construe it as
        a trick to get visas for all members.

What is also important is what your mother said when she got the visa. Was she asked about her husband travelling? If she said he does not want to travel and now he is applying , it will look bad.

If they are asked about mother, which they most likely will, they have to say she already got the visa.
        They can't say she does not want to travel, why did she apply for the visa then and it may again contradict what your mother said when she applied.

It would have been safer if your dad and brother applied after your mother made one trip.
        Now they must think of some good reason why they made up their mind after your mother got the visa.
        Last edited by peace999; 01-25-2012, 09:17 PM.

Comment

During my moms interview they didnt ask her abt my dads travel.Actually my dad is doing business in Gulf and my brother was having exam.Tats why they didnt apply along with my mom.Now he is on his leave so thought of applying with my brother.

My doubt here is, my parents are not travelling together.My mom is travelling in Feb 5 and my dad and bro on April since my bros vaccation will start from April.So how they will know that my mom is not travelled or travelled.?. 1 more question is like how they will know my mom got her visa already.Is there any way to find out untill my dad tell them that she got her visa.

Also is it safe to tell them that my mom got her visa and she travelled already or my dad should tell that she got her visa already and that time he was in gulf and bro was having exam .tats the reason they were not able to apply together.or is it like he stops by saying my mom got her visa already.

Comment

Originally posted by sruthee View Post
            During my moms interview they didnt ask her abt my dads travel.Actually my dad is doing business in Gulf and my brother was having exam.Tats why they didnt apply along with my mom.Now he is on his leave so thought of applying with my brother.

My doubt here is, my parents are not travelling together.My mom is travelling in Feb 5 and my dad and bro on April since my bros vaccation will start from April.So how they will know that my mom is not travelled or travelled.?. 1 more question is like how they will know my mom got her visa already.Is there any way to find out untill my dad tell them that she got her visa.

Also is it safe to tell them that my mom got her visa and she travelled already or my dad should tell that she got her visa already and that time he was in gulf and bro was having exam .tats the reason they were not able to apply together.or is it like he stops by saying my mom got her visa already.
            They can check her visa in their system quickly if they ask about her and your dad's answer is not satisfactory. About the travel ; if your dad says she has already left and they ask follow up qs
            like when , which flight etc, your dad will falter in his answer and they will know he is lying.They deal with lies every day.

All that aside, everyone leaving, even if separately ( if they believe it), may make them think that they are potential immigrants.
            This is a very tricky and important issue with visitor visas.
            So, you should have planned for your dad and brother to go after your mother had made a short trip.

Now that they have scheduled the interview.
            I suggest they should be very honest at the interview.
            Present things the way they are, your brother's vacation letter from the school will support their
            wish to travel in April.
            If they are lucky they will get it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X