Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents visa rejected thrice @ Hyd consulate! Heart broken

Hi,
    My parents went to the visa interview on Feb 10th 2012. My dad is a retired govt employee and mom is a house wife. I have a sister who is married and settled in Chennai. My dad takes care of his 85 yr old mother.

My mom and dad have property in india (house) and some bank balance. They showed all the documents to the visa officer. But, the visa was rejected saying that if they go US they will not come back.

1) How can I make my case stronger? What else can I show (documents or evidence) that proves my parents will return back to their home country?

2) Since the visa is rejected 3 times, does it even make sence to try for the 4th time? Did any one got the visa after being rejected thrice based on immigration intent?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Priya S

Originally posted by PriyaSS View Post

Hi,
    My parents went to the visa interview on Feb 10th 2012. My dad is a retired govt employee and mom is a house wife. I have a sister who is married and settled in Chennai. My dad takes care of his 85 yr old mother.

My mom and dad have property in india (house) and some bank balance. They showed all the documents to the visa officer. But, the visa was rejected saying that if they go US they will not come back.

1) How can I make my case stronger? What else can I show (documents or evidence) that proves my parents will return back to their home country?

2) Since the visa is rejected 3 times, does it even make sence to try for the 4th time? Did any one got the visa after being rejected thrice based on immigration intent?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Priya S
    In the officer's view, they have no family ties , because your sis is married.

Did they reapply very quickly after denials, because that shows desperation?

Documents do not carry much weight, job and family situations are the deciding factor.

No guarantees but they could try this; dad takes up a light job/affiliation/business so his status is employed.
    Mother can apply alone at the end of the year or in 2013.

BTW, what is your visa status in US? How long have you been in US? Are you married?

Comment

Thanks Peace999 for your reply!

They applied one year after they got rejected. So I thought that was a good amount of time. Last time when they got rejected, my dad was still employed, he recently got retired.

Yeah thats a good suggestion, to wait until the end of the year and re apply and have my dad have some employment.

I'm on H1B status, I came to states almost 8 years ago on a student (F1) visa, and yes i'm married (Husband also on H1B)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X