Visitor visa, extend stay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor visa, extend stay

Hi! My mom is visiting us here in USA for 6 months. Her stay expires April 1 and she has return ticket on that day. Can we apply to extend her stay for 6 more months and apply for green card for her (through family, I'm her daughter, US citizen) at the same time? If we're lucky and she can get her green card before her stay expire , can we just apply for adjustment of status without her leaving USA at all? Is it possible? Is it legal? Thank you.

Before you file the green card, make sure to read https://www.insubuy.com/new-immigrant-insurance/-plans/
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Originally posted by vikabil View Post
      Hi! My mom is visiting us here in USA for 6 months. Her stay expires April 1 and she has return ticket on that day. Can we apply to extend her stay for 6 more months and apply for green card for her (through family, I'm her daughter, US citizen) at the same time? If we're lucky and she can get her green card before her stay expire , can we just apply for adjustment of status without her leaving USA at all? Is it possible? Is it legal? Thank you.
      You cannot file an extension of visitor status and then an AOS ( adjustment to GC). For an extension of visitor you must show that you will return to India
      and for AOS it is exactly the opposite. It will be MISREPRESENTATION .

.You file her I-130 + AOS now and she can wait till she gets her GC even if it is past April 1.
      Immediate relatives of USCs ( spouses and parents) can adust status to GC even if they are out of status.
      Last edited by peace999; 02-14-2012, 09:48 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X