Marrying someone on a Visitor's Visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marrying someone on a Visitor's Visa?

I am a US citizen and my Indian fiance received a B2 visa several months ago. It allows mutliple entries for 10 years and stays up to 6 months. Obviously we would like to avoid her having to to return to India and await the processing time for a K1.

My question is can she come here on a visit and stay so that we can get married in the US? If so, how should we file?

Also, we have the choice of filing in either TX or NJ, so is there any benefit to applying in one location over another?

Lastly, is there any chance that any of this would cause her B2 to be revoked?
    Last edited by Houstonian; 05-24-2005, 10:01 PM.

Trying to marry someone who is in Columbia

My fiance was in the US on a student visa and had to go back this July 2. We were thinking of getting married, but we thought it was too soon in our relationship. Now that he is back we are trying to file a K1, however I don't think it would be approved because of my background. I have a felony on my record which was a domestic assult. I was also incarceratd for a period of time (no tax returns for 2 yrs.) How bad would this really hurt us? If this would not be approved, could he come back on a vacation visa. We could get married and then change his status? Please help. We are very uncertain on what to do. We hate being apart. Thank you.

Trace

Comment

Tracey,
      Your record does not affect the application. As for the tax returns, i think youll only need the last three years

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X