Invitation letter query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invitation letter query

My parent's USA tourist visa was rejected the first time and were given 214B. Still not sure why they were rejected though. Both are working,earning decent have 2 houses in the city. I am their only child though and staying in USA for past 5 years. They are preparing to attend the interview again. The trip is self sponsored, should I send them an invitation letter explaining why they won't migrate to USA and explain strong ties with India?

If I send them the letter when should they present the invitation letter during an interview?

Last time they said for tourism and to visit me and my husband. This time I have asked them to also say to attend commencement ceremony of my husband. Though he completed his phD last September, but he is taking the graduation walk in May. I am not sure if this is a good enough reason, they might ask why he is taking the walk now.

What else I can provide to make the case stronger this time?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

The likely reason is they have no child in India to bring them back ( as the officers think).
    They are looking for strong family ties in India that will surely bring them back.

Your letter to convince the officer won't work as they probably won't even look at it.

Even the purpose of visit won't make much difference.

If they have an old family member ( your grandparents living with them) they can cite that reason.

Other than that , your mom could apply alone and take a trip alone , that way your dad will act as a tie for her to return. But these days many parents going alone are denied as well.
    Hit and trial.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Grandparents are no more
      My mom has a cousin elder sister who stays very close to our house, she is very close to our family and my mom is the sole care taker of her (She is 80 yrs old). But how to portray that in the interview. She is not directly blood relative.

Any suggestions/thoughts on what can be done?

Comment

Do you remember what duration of stay did they say at the last interview?

Because if they are both working, they cannot spend too much time in US.

Comment

They said 2 months during last interview.

Comment

What kind of work do they do? How were they able to get a 2 month leave from their jobs?

Comment

They had planned in advance so they have accumulated 2 month leave. My Dad is a manger in insurance company and mom works as Supervisor in university.

Comment

Visa rejected 2nd time now. Should my parents apply again? Till now they were self-sponsoring the trip, should I send the sponsorship documents? Will that make any difference?

or Should I ask my mom to take the visa first and then ask my dad after a month?
                Will that work? and can they travel together or will it be like telling lies to the consulate.

Any advice on what I can do to bring my parents here? Thinking of applying after 3 months don't know if it is a good idea considering their visa was rejected twice in 2 months.

Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X